Sunday, August 24, 2008

Home is where the heart is...

I got home today, and I am exhausted. I came home, unpacked, took a shower and then a nap. What a wonderful nap it was! Yesterday was...let's say..."interesting". Jenn and I decided to try and be proactive instead of reactive and see if we can stay on top of our game for the day. We were doing good at the beginning and I started a list on a sheet of paper. It was like a pros-cons list but it was a Jenn & Joe vs. The World list. We were beating the world by about 5 points when Mac walks into the trailer and was the first snowflake in our avalanche of reactive actions and not the proactive we were striving for. He was asking for some papers to be printed. Because they were not ready we had to give a point to the world. Which then prompted him to inquire about our game. We explained it and then his reply was along the lines of, "Well, I have about 3000 people on the other side of the stage I could get to help "the world" out. In which Jenn graciously declined his generous offer.
Also yesterday, Barclay (Robert Randolph's manager), was looking for a runner to use. At one point (after the other dozen runner issues we had) saw the runner that was supposed to drive for him. He came to me seconds later as I crossed the parking lot, "There she is! That was my runner, right?! I needed her to stop! I kept jumping up and down waving my arms and she just kept driving! Where did she go?..." A few minutes later, he found her vehicle and had me go with him to the vehicle to get her to drive his people to the hotel. I walked up to the vehicle and it was empty...I never did see her the rest of the night...
I got to watch a few minutes of RR and SF tonight so that was cool. I still need to get in on some Jars at some point. They go on first and the meet and greet overlaps it most of the time. i am hoping though - this years outfits rock!! I will have to HAVE TO get a picture to post of them.

No comments: